Student Loan Assistance
For many Americans, addressing student loan debt can seem overwhelming and stressful. As student loan debt continues to grow it is important for borrowers to understand their rights, obligations, and options.
If you or a loved one are experiencing difficulties with student loan debt, First Coast Consumer Law can help. Whether you have federal or private student loans, we can provide you with:
- An analysis of your situation, including how we might best address your student loan challenges;
- A plain-English explanation of how the student loan process works, including what your options are;
- Assistance in addressing harassing debt collection activity from your lenders;
- Defending you from a lawsuit brought against you by one of your student loan lenders; and
- Providing you with a game plan that can address your student loan situation in the best way possible.
For those with federal student loans, we can help you determine whether you have the right to make a monthly payment based on your income (known as income-driven repayment, or IDR). Most federal student loan borrowers have the right under federal law to base their payments on their income, sometimes resulting in “payments” as low as zero dollars a month.
There are many programs which are designed to help student loan borrowers.